Monday, September 20, 2010

Tazer update

Now how bout this mess? Baby boy Tazer went back to the vet this afternoon. I promised them he has not messed with his stitches, but they said one was missing. I bet it just popped or got swallowed up by the swelling. In any event, he is massively swollen. Even his weiner is bruised from swelling, and hugely puffed up.
So the vet smacked a diaper over his stitches, wound him up in smiley face vet wrap, put this too-little collar on him until a bigger one comes, and sent him home.


Doesn't he look humiliated? And now he won't fit through the door to the pen he stays in, so will have to stay in the house. Locked in the laundry room, so he does not get on furniture, which also may have contributed to this mess.

Nine more days til the stitches come out. Lets hope he pulls out of this complication, as it is not a foregone conclusion that he is going to be okay. I cannot seem to get it through to Barry that this might be serious, as his favorite thing to tell me lately is that he really does not care. Today that bothers me because I am worried about my dog.

4 comments:

Holly said...

I think, if he is quiet for the next 48 hours, he will be ok. It would not matter to me if he bothered his stitches or if it was for some other reason that he had such a poor reaction, the vet needed to be a little more empathetic to you.

Anonymous said...

Aw! He looks so sad---along with his Blog and F/B fans.

Hang in there Paige!

Carol

The Wife said...

Poor fella. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Fingers crossed everything goes well.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Aww, poor boy. I hope he gets well quick.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network