Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Not fit for Man or Beast out there

This is the nastiest kind of day there is--cold and pretty hard rain, and windy--just nasty. A good day to stay in bed--which I did, alternately sweating then shivering. I get sick-ish every year about this time, although this is a little bit early. I think the threat of going to Texas brings it on--last year I got the sickest, and that was the only time I went to Texas two times in ten days. I should make a theory on that one. Mostly, I think I have a sinus infection, but I must be working something else to be sweating and shivering. This will make for a very busy day at work tomorrow trying to wrap up the things I need done before I go to the Futurity. Thank goodness I am feeling better--either that or I have OD'ed on Benadryl




I left the house one time--to buy Benadryl. When I got back, I found this scene--Simba staring at Charlie through the glass. That poor short bus cat has no idea what he was done--he has announced himself to Simba. I do not believe this is a smart move. I will not say she is an unadulterated killer--my old Dalmatian Sahara would kill any cat she laid eyes on, and Simba is not that bad--but I have found evidence of Simba's work before. She will kill a possum too. Gross.


To protect those uninvited kittens in the garage, I have stopped ever using the garage's back door to the back yard, lest Simba think she needs to go in the garage for any reason. They are skittish and quick, but she is like a cheetah on the prowl, so I do not hold much hope for them if she finds out they are. Normally Simba and Slater are not in the front room where they can see out of the porch windows either, but since it is torn up awaiting the new hardwood to go down next week, I guess I was sloppy and let them in there. That is where she discovered Charlie looking in at her. I swear he was taunting her. That cat is a trip. He kind of reminds me of me.
See that nasty look on his face? That is like me. He is not hateful though, he is really sweet. He just looks like an asshole.

Crazy weather makes my babies tired. Well, at their age, they are mostly tired all of the time. There is a lot of resting going on around here. They sleep for some hours on the couch and when they think it is time to go to bed, they try to drag me down the hall to go to bed.
When Simba is asleep, she is so cute. She is mostly cute all the time, but I love the way she puts her hand over her face to block out the world. Her funny freckled ears crack me up too--they make her look like she is asking a question all the time.

The Baby Alligator, Slater, is not so much cute as he is formidable. He has a very serious look about him. I think that is because he is always wondering where he is. He is fortunately no where near as dumb as he looks, or he would never get out of the door. He is actually pretty smart--he is the one that can open the back door, or the pantry, or the fridge--whatever he wants, he can figure out how to get to it. He has never been the boss of this house though--he knows that is Simba and he takes forever to get in bed because she tells him that he cannot get in it. That confuses him, because I tell him he can and he is not sure who is running things around here.

Truth be told, neither am I

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got that right---Mother Nature is at it again! ! !

But those "live in guys" at your house bring a smile to a face---and Charlie----he's a sweetie------

Hope you feel better---the thought of your trip will make it all better! ! !

Enjoy Carol

the cubicle's backporch said...

I love that picture. It definitely looks like a stare-down. I know our outside stray that showed up loves to sit and watch our inside cats when they're on the back porch.

Michelle said...

I got a chuckle out of your cat photos! What a cutie. And the pooches are adorable too, even if Simba is a kitty killer!

The Wife said...

Get well soon! Texas should make you feel lots better. Love your animals. My dogs terrorize Miss Kitty but she's made it for 3 years. Don't know how many lives she's got left though.

Qtswede said...

yow. gotta love when winter breaks in like that. Poor kitty - not that ours are inside either. lol.
I wanted to let you know, I tagged you on my blog as a great blog :D Can't wait to see more of what you write hope your trip's weather holds good for ya!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network