Sunday, November 22, 2009

Perfect fall afternoon

Jenna and I went on a 3 mile jaunt today--she usually jogs it, but had to tone it down for me today. We did a short spurt of a jog but walked so fast the rest of it that I was breathing pretty good. Good enough, says me! It was really fun--totally unplanned, and satisfies my need to multi-task everything I do. Good call sister!


When we got home, Sam was playing in the leaves. The pic at the top may be the best one I have ever gotten of him. As cute as he is, I tend to get the most unflattering expressions on my camera--I have no idea why. He usually looks like Popeye with one eye shut--but this one is great.


He had a ball. It is hard to have a bad day when you get to watch someone have so much fun. Match that with the new dog, Pebbles, gaining so much weight, and it was swell.
She wont ever be cute, but growing hair and packing on a couple of pounds has made her far less hideous than she was two or three weeks ago when we found her. And she is straight up funny--we gave her a bath and she was very tricky--acted like she was perfectly content then tried to shoot out of the tub like a slippery otter--so hysterical. I think she found the perfect place to live.

In other random news, my dad is having heart surgery tomorrow. This is not an altogether rare occurrence for him, but I think it has been about 12 years since he had the last one, when he had a quadruply bypass. Now he is all clogged up again. Supposedly, they are just planning to put stents in there, but I have a feeling that might not be all that happens. I do not know when I will be back, so you all hold down the fort for me!

12 comments:

Chillygator said...

Pebbles is adorable! I love when dogs are funny that way.

And that top picture is lovely!

Anonymous said...

It WAS a gorgeous day! Hope things go well for your father.

Holly said...

wait a minute.....I thought you were going to place her? You are keeping A LITTLE DOG? *thunk*...faints dead away.

And Sam is adorable. I am glad you and Jenna had fun!

Keeping your dad in my thoughts tomorrow!

hooves said...

You are sadly mistaken about Pebbles. She is an absolute doll! hooves

Anonymous said...

Wonderful day and I hope equally wonderful surgery for your dad.

Thanks for the heads up of where you will be in the next few days.

Take care and will be thinking of you and your family

Carol

Linda said...

Go take care of your Dad. We'll be here when you get back. Y'all are in my thoughts & prayers.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes on your Dad's surgery.

Pebbles is already cute!

Liza Lundell

Jocelyn said...

I hope everything comes out allright with your Dad.

That Doxie is cute, but those are some long claws! Where did you find that one?

Shelley said...

Hope all goes well with your Dad and he comes through his surgery with flying colors.

Tenakim said...

Prayers for your dad.

And I think Pebbles IS cute!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Pebbles looks like Lola! Very cute. She gets along with the big dogs & the pig?

JT

Kim said...

I can't wait to meet Pebbles. How do her and Boce get along?

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network