Friday, October 23, 2009

Barry goes to the Bahamas

I swear, he has the touch. He wins everything--or somehow reaps the benefits. Just after Barry started working in Chicago, his friend/roommate won two spots on the Bud Light Port Paradise cruise. Dave Matthews Band plays on a private island on Sunday.

They flew down early this morning, and already they had lost Barry's luggage. When I spoke to him, he was on a bus being shipped from airport to cruise port, and the Bud Light was clearly already flowing.

Somehow, I suspect that is the last we will hear from him for a few days. They are going to have a blast--two old goats on a boat full of hotties that think they are old perverts. And they totally are (well Clay is only about 32, but he has 4 kids, so that counts). That makes me feel better while I freeze my tail off up here dealing with horses who have clearly lost their minds, and try to manage a crew of fence builders of the Amish persuasion tomorrow, and also drag myself out of this funk I have been in.

I have to admit I am more than a little jealous, because I know how much fun these quick getaways are. Mine keep me sane, and I know how hard he has been working....he deserves it. And he better behave his dirty self

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a nicer wife than I....my hubby would've gotten a big HELL NO about going. Lol.

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Didn't you just have a little breather too?!?! I never go anywhere!! But my Hubby races so he tries to do a couple a year, then it is always girl time for me and DD!

Anonymous said...

Hm! I suspect there is "pay back" some time along the way! ! !

Hope the weekend with "your MEN" goes well----while they work at fencing.

Enjoy anyhow Carol

Lorna said...

Looks like he will have a great time and glad he is getting a chance to R&R.

Hope your fence building goes well today!

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Of course, he's a winner. He won you, didn't he?
Mom

Jen's Farmily said...

MrC is lucky like that too! He always has people taking him to the Oaks, asking to take him on golf getaways and whatnot.

I hope Barry has fun! (And behaves himself!)

Jocelyn said...

Oh I would send my hubby off and say have a good time. As science says when men come back from a testosterone filled event, they are " happier" **** cough****

I'm sending mine off as i type for a three day men only hunting trip.

LOL,
don't forget to send me pictures of what you would like for your necklace, I really dont think it will take that much tail.

Holly said...

Behave his dirty self is a funny statement considering your most previous blog post re: the same...dirty jokes for $1.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network