Thursday, August 13, 2009

Like a toothpaste ad

I swear when I talk about this filly, I sound like a toothpaste ad. She's WHITER! She's BRIGHTER!

But I do not know any other way to describe her--now that she is all shed out, she is white white white--I could not see her pasture of horses when I was out there tonight watering. That is not all that uncommon as it is really hilly, and they can get on a down slope and I not be able to see them from the gates. Finally, I saw a little white shot, and voila, I had found the herd! She is like a beacon out there, even in the twilight.

She is a sweet baby though, I love her. Now if she only had a name....she may be the only one left that does not have a name, and that is just pathetic.

Meanwhile, I am on day 6 of the low-carb ass kicking. I started plumping up again, so I had to change things up in here. I have had only one crack and one fight with Subway about having 46 carbs in a 6 inch sammich, and am otherwise rolling right. I have not even had a beer since I started this. If it does not kill me, I will probably wish it had. I got back into spinning finally this week-- I have done three classes and am doing one in the morning as well, and the Beast is trying to kill me in our training sessions. I am holding out til next Monday for the first weigh in--my goal is to drop the seven pounds I have gained. Let's hope it happens!

21 comments:

Linda said...

First good luck on the weigh in. I personally can't live without carbs so that diet doesn't work for me (I turn into a real B**ch!)
Second is that the fizzy soda pop girl? Oh my gosh! Well that name won't due now, now will it? Hmmm...I'll have to think on that again. She is a beauty!

hooves said...

Well, you said she was like a Beacon, so what about that? Other ideas might be: Diva, Gleem, or Caprice-definition below that fits her color changes-
(a sudden usually unpredictable condition, change, or series of changes)hooves

Reddunappy said...

That filly really is turning out to be a beauty!

Hey, how about Beauty?

Holly said...

youwillyouwillyouwill.

she's pretty pretty pretty!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Wow, she's a beauty!

I think you should name her Ruby (Tuesday?) or Pearl for pearly whites.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work on the "body front"-------

And vote two if you are counting -------for "Beauty"

Enjoy enjoy carol

Jen's Farmily said...

She looks like somebody colored her white and forgot her head and legs!!

She is so neat looking!!

Heather said...

Oh she's pretty! Good luck on the weigh in. Now if you could rub off on me maybe I would start exercising too! I'm sooo lazy!

The Wife said...

Good luck. I fell off the wagon and got ran over a few times. I so need to get back into a workout routine.

Your filly is too cute.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful Paige!

Melanie said...

Too bad I don't live in ILL anymore, otherwise I may have had to steal that filly right out of your pasture...just kidding!!! ;)
She is beautiful!!!

And kudos to you for sticking with your diet and exercise. :)

Shelley said...

Caprice is a good one! You could call her Cappy for short or some such thing. Oooohhh OOhhhh, you could call her Rice for short...she is as white as rice.

coreymom40 said...

ah, fudge. (delurking) I have been no carbing. Tonight I had a couple of beers. I know it will set me back a couple of days. It sucks.

Your baby with no name is georgious.

Oh, and I know nothing about horses.....but she is a beauty in my eyes.

City girl turned Country Girl said...

OMGosh!!! I cannot believe how she roaned out!! What a beauty!!

Good luck with the Beast!! Your doing great!!

Anonymous said...

You're my heroine! I'm so proud of you for so many reasons, but currently your fitness regime. You finally subtlely got me back in the gym.
I really like the name Caprice, and there's always Colgate.
Love you much,
Mom

Paige said...

I dont know what was subtle about it Mom, I have been nagging you about it every day. You will be sorry when I am skinnier than you.

Day 8--no beer--but I sense I am about to crack on that front. Barry is home--lazy day in the pool, it calls for beer. But we went for breakfast and I passed on the pancakes so that is still pretty good

hooves said...

Now, if Paige were Catholic she would be an confession this morning confessing how many carbs she actually ate last night. hooves

Paige said...

Oh I will be confessing it for sure. And working it off. I am giving you a pass though since it is all your fault, because obviously I need a pass too.

EmmaP said...

yeah for the low carb @$$-kicking! i am sure you'll do well on the weigh in. i have been exercising and eating right (well, trying to) and have been losing. but it has been going S-L-O-W. So, i think i might start the low-carb thing to, just to kick it up a notch...cute filly. i can't wait to hear what the name will be once you've decided.

Anonymous said...

I guess, "you suck" isn't very subtle, is it?
Mom

Anonymous said...

How about Isis?

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network