Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Stuff

I feel like I am running a marathon, and cannot catch up. I cannot even put together a proper blog post. It is kind of sad. I do not even know why it is--I am just so worn out. I even worked an extra hour today, but it feels like ten.

Here are some things that are happening. Barry had his first full day of work in Chicago. I have not talked to him tonight, bu I texted him this afternoon and asked if he was having fun. He said he was, and something filthy about Bill Clinton that I did not understand. Nor do I want to.

Aries had her preg check yesterday morning--hallelujah, she is in foal! I do not know why she did not take the first time, but obviously there was not a real problem, since she did this time. She will due the first few days of May, 2010. Daddy is Sophisticated Catt---it will be interesting to see how her baby compares to Haida Girl's Sophisticated Catt baby, since they are such different mares.

Gypsy was checked while we were on our trip---she is in foal to Pepto Taz. I am really excited for that one big time. She will be due mid-to- late April. We still have Diablo left to check--that should be this weekend. Squeak still has not been bred--she had a hemorrhagic follicle that screwed us up for the short cycle after her foal heat. We had in our minds that she might potentially be out for the year, as you never know how long those hematomas will take to resolve themselves. She also has two cysts about the size of a 17-18 mm follicle--not a deal breaker, but something to keep in mind when calculating odds of each breeding. We got lucky this time--all signs of the hematoma are gone. However, she had a 46 follicle that was already losing shape, and there was just no way to get semen here in time. ARGH. But Mowery Cutting Horses/Mare Care Inc is being great to work with--they are going to take care of her, even if it takes a while. I will start with the Estrumate this weekend on her, and late next week, she may be ready to breed--cross your fingers on that one. I hate for her to be left open, but I have to admit that she is doing beautifully in the pasture in mixed company. That makes me very happy.

A very strange thing happened--through a chain of coincidences, I made a new friend. She turns out to be the editor of America's Horse, which was a total shock to me as I evidently am oblivious to obvious things. Anyway, she blogged today about our funny connection. You can read about it here. America's Horse Daily-the Gallop Report

In addition to the story she tells, she recognized a name on my website, and mentioned it to her friend, who she knows likes the bloodlines we raise. Yet another coincidence--this woman's horse shares a mama with my Squeak. Is that the weirdest thing or what? I cannot wait to compare notes on those two.

In other horse news, I was in danger of losing my bulk Strategy delivery due to circumstances beyond the control of anyone I get to boss around. That would automatically add at least 80-120 bucks to each ton of feed I go through, and you can imagine how many I go through. However, my elevator man called yesterday and had managed to find a way to make it work. Yay for that!

Tequila update: The meds combo we are using is helping. She is not right, by any stretch. But she is motorvating under her own power and her attitude has improved a million percent. She won't or can't get on the couch or bed by herself, but can get down now--and could not before. Right now she is pacing around and while it is irritating to listen to her nails click all over and I keep having to turn up the tv, it is such an improvement that I can deal. I am watching her very closely, but I think we are buying her some time.

What else? I went back to the gym yesterday and did a 45 minute spinning class. It was fine. I need to get back into it almost as hard as I was. On a good note, I only gained 2 pounds in the time I was out--it felt like 10. That is a HUGE relief. I had my first training session in 2.5 weeks today and it kicked my ass. The Beast claimed he took it easy on me, but I was shaking within minutes. I love that feeling, and that I am already getting sore makes me feel like I did something. I do not have time for a workout tomorrow though, since the farrier is coming after work--but I have to use him when I can get him, since he will be gone soon. That leaves Thursday and Friday to spin, and another training session on Friday.

I am trying to get vacation pics done--it just takes forever. I know if I do not do it now, it will never get done. That would suck, so I better get to it

3 comments:

City girl turned Country Girl said...

That's great news about them being in foal!!! Really cool about the lady you met! I'll have to check that post out!

Stop in at my blog I have something there for you!!

Anonymous said...

Horse Student says:

Good news on those four-legged girls. April 2010 will be busy.

Glad to hear Teq is holding her/his own. At our end of town ( Marion ) Blaze is holding his own.

Chicago is a big city---which part of the city is in working in---north,south,west.

I hope he is not trying to "surf" on the EAST SIDE while working. That water is COLD COLD.

And finally for you----'many kudos' for your patience with pics, extra hard work with Barry gone, going to the gym, and the list goes on.

Enjoy again and again Carol

Fancy Schmancy said...

Lady, you amaze me. Your everyday strength and hard work are inspiring. I'm glad for you on the good news you posted, and praying for Tequila for you. Have I mentioned that I think you rock?

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network