Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kiteboarding

This was Barry's kiteboarding instructor in Bonaire. I do not know what his name is. I do not know if he speaks English. I do not care about any of those things. Do you?

I am not really a fan of a little man like this--although he was probably average, not little. Even I can appreciate such good colors though--blue water, tan skin, blond hair and white teeth. No wonder I do not know what language he speaks.


Barry has wanted to learn kitesurfing for years. Something always gets in the way. In St. Maarten, it was too windy once, and the next time, they did not have an available instructor. They did not offer it in Belize, so when he found out that it was a big deal in Bonaire, I knew he set his heart on it.

And since his ears exploded again and he could not really dive, he got the chance to do it finally. We found the place on the south end of the island.


He spent about three hours learning how to do it. They started on the beach learning how to work the kite. Then he used a small board in the shallow, and learned how to work that.

The little we saw of his lessons, it looked like he was doing pretty well, even though it was super windy.
That part looks hard---Barry said sometimes the kite would pull you out easily and sometimes, it sucked you right out of the water like a bullet. Evidently he got the flying part down really well. The landings need some work, I hear. It really does look fun, but no way could I do that.

I guess he thinks he is superman now.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Totally Awesome!

Linda said...

Oh sorry, nice job Barry:)

mommymae said...

i have no idea what you just said. he was too pretty for me to pay any attention.

Zwolsche Diva said...

Plusside - I read your whole post
Downside - Then I scrolled back to see if the kite instructorpic would enlarge if I clicked, and it didn't. Boohoo.

Anonymous said...

"Wunnerful"

All 'guys" for us to enjoy.

Enjoy, enjoyed, will enjoy Carol

The Wife said...

Very cool for Barry! I'm with you on the tan, blonde, lovely man...the less he speaks, the better! ;o) Who needs words?!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures.
Mom

Fancy Schmancy said...

I saw some guy doing it in Florida when I was there in April. It looked really difficult, and awesome! Hope Barry had a good time with it!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network