Saturday, November 15, 2008

Injury Free day

Can you believe this? I was completely injury free today--and there are only 48 minutes left in the day.

I stayed up until the middle of the nite reading a cute book last nite, and that made me sleep until 10 am or so. I say that like I do not normally sleep til noon on the weekends. I totally do. We had some things to do today, and they are the kind of things that normally get me injured. Yet they did not.

Number one issue-figure out what is wrong with Tequila, whose back end seems to have gone kaput. She does not whimper or cry or act like she hurts but when I got home Thursday nite, she was out of whack. She was not her normal self and it took her 10 minutes to come in the house--which is only two steps up from the garage. Then I had to pick her up to put her in bed. She is not right. Clearly her back end is not working, but it has never been exactly right--this is weird though. I am not even sure how to describe it.

Two days of resting did not seem to be helping her so I decided to give her a painkiller anyway, even though she did not act like she hurt. Around noon, we gave her a previcox left over from Thor's stash--it had to be delivered to her in bed where Barry had put her earlier in the day. Then we went to the farm, cleaned stalls, brought in Tango to deal with her swollen back legs that are not really swollen, dressed Grandpa is his short bus outfit, and did some odds and ends. I followed the instructions for Tango, but could not wrap her as instructed since she was sopping wet, but will get to that. If she still needs it--she actually looks better.

We came home to watch Illinois lose at some more football and had a family nap with Simba. I love the family nap in this house, it just does not happen very often. It was swell, but too short as I had to work at a ranch sorting.

The show went relatively well---only one small issue that I can think of, and not much of the complaining we usually have. I was home in 6 hours. The best part is that when I got home, Tequila was running around like a fruit loop in the yard! She hopped on the porch and felt good enough to eat. She is back in bed now, but she played and acted normal--she must have been hurting after all, and if a little Previcox is what she needs, then that is what she shall have. Let's hope that is all it takes and that she has hurt herself rather than having some structural issue.


Only bad thing--there was a few minutes of sleet, and Barry said a snow flurry. In November. That never happens here, and certainly not this early. Yuck yuck

Now I am winding down with some Saturday Night Live--Justin Timberlake really is funny, but whoever told me he should have a beard is on the crack. That just looks nasty. I may celebrate the fairly good injury free day by cracking open the first Twilight book--sounds like I have a lot of catching up to do on this business.

Surely I will not hurt myself doing that. At least not more than a paper cut, that is.

Happy Saturday nite everyone

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Happy Sunday Paige,

Yeup Cold Cold even in Tennessee

But feels soooooooooo good.

Enjoy Carol

Jillene said...

I LOVE SNL!! And yes--Timberlake looks horrile with facial hair!

Anonymous said...

Injury Free Days are always a Good Day!

Jen's Farmily said...

Congrats on an injury free day! :) You should really have more of those.

And I totally saw Light Ruffles in the chip aisle and thought of you!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

keep that participation to yourself.

Vodka Mom said...

it's ALWAYS a plus when no injuries occur!! But snow flurries? crap.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, enjoy Twilight. I LOVED it!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network