Thursday, October 9, 2008

Nature and such

Explain this to me. It is October 9. In the back pasture, I have grass. Now do not get me wrong, I am not complaining. I just find it odd. And I have to admit that most of the grass is gone, the only things really growing are the weeds, but I did find a pretty decent sized patch of this in the back pasture, and there are still several acres like this behind the ponds in the back of the hay field.

I do not get it, but I will take it.
I did a 180 degree turn from the position I was in taking the grass photo and this is what I saw. The bean field just outside the Great Wall of Lynchburg is ready and the trees are changing so drastically. Just a few days ago, they were mostly green with just a few leaves changing.
Here I was being all creative I thought, trying to show how colorful it was 25 acres away behind the green and yellow leaves in the back pasture. Instead it is just a photo of leaves. Deal with it, this creative crap is hard.


And finally a different sunset scene--this one is across the street from my house, instead of at the farm.
Same tree, as many minutes as it took to empty the mailbox and shuffle through the multiple power bills and determine if I need to have a stroke or not, and it got this much darker.
I think I like this one the best. It was not even 7 pm yet, and it was like the ground was glowing

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Deal with it, this creative crap is hard."

LOL LOL

It took me a long time to learn how to take OUTDOOR photos!

Holly said...

ummm, Paige? Those are good photos. Even the leaf one you didn't like. But that last one, where the tree looks like it is on fire at the bottom.....OUTSTANDING.

Lorna said...

Absolutely beautiful scenery -

I hate living in the land of cement and asphalt

Anonymous said...

Grass growing when it shouldn't be.

My transient birds--under our porch---still here and working on their nest ? ? ? ? what the heck! ! !

But the picture of the tree at 7:00 PM georgeous

DON'T EVER GIVE us that "not creative crap" we should all try like you and get results like you.

Keep it up and let us enjoy Carol

Lazy A Ranch said...

Purty pictures

Jen's Farmily said...

I love the fall colors! The grass situation is similiar at our house. Our grass looks great. Then where I work it's all brown, and down at our lake house it's brown and crunchy.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network