Monday, September 8, 2008

We got it!

This is our new trailer, that I was afraid to talk about until it was a done deal, which it is now as we are in the process of wagging it home. We absolutely love it.

It is a 2004 Keifer Built Genesis 144 XE, which means it has a 14 foot shortwall. Four feet of that is taken up by a mid-tack, which I think I will really like.
This is the mid-tack--man will it make a difference to have some space to operate in. I think there are 8 bridle hooks, and I can reach them all! A lot of this model of trailer has this area finished off for bunk beds, but I see no need for that foolishness for us. Because the next room is the bathroom, if need be, we could leave the walk doors open and air condition the whole thing, so someone could set up a cot in there---or a dog bed would fit well too.
It has storage all down the side, under the mangers
It has a wrapped roof rack for hay, as well as a winch to haul it up there. That is Barry standing on top of the ladder checking it out.
This shot is taken from the door, and is not so good. Directly in front of the door are two massive closets, to the left is the bathroom, and the right is the kitchen, facing a leather couch that folds out into a bed. The kitchen has a sink, two-burner stove, microwave, fridge and freezer, etc.
This is the mirror over the bathroom vanity--I could not get a good angle to take a picture of the bathroom.
This is the bed area, and it has so much storage up there it is amazing. I could put half my wardrobe up there--and BOOKS everywhere. Just to the left is the TV thing, where you can rotate the TV to watch in bed or on the couch. And there are cabinets beneath for the DVD player, etc, and just to the left of that is the stereo, which plays both inside and outside of the trailer. That is pretty cool.

We just love it, and cannot wait to haul it camping soon. We are going to cancel our hotel reservations for Barry's Kentucky bike race this weekend and just take this.

We are having a christening tomorrow nite--the kind with company and champagne, not the other kind that should happen in private.

12 comments:

Jamik said...

Ah! You are going to LOVE it!! I love mine, and my LQ is only 6 ft short wall. 10 would be really nice. Kiefer is the BEST. Best trailer I ever had was a KB... hands down. Enjoy it!

Holly said...

wow! NICE trailer Strawns!

Lorna said...

Congratulations! It looks awesome!

RunDrums said...

Very nice! bet you two get years of use out of it.

Bekah said...

awesome!!! I dont talk about things like that til they are a done deal either!!!!

Very NICE!

Robin Sallie said...

I could live in there!

ChicagoGrrrl said...

oooh, a new place for me to pee in Shawnee!

Paige said...

And to avoid those nasty showers!

Right on sister!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

That is a gorgeous trailer. We are looking for one as well. Chris finally sold the camper trailer he bought because we never used it-I told him it was a waste to buy it-LOL. But with a LQ-we can camp and haul either horses or bikes. Won't we look funny pulling into the Sturgis Bike Rally with a horse trailer? LOL-I can't wait.

Paige said...

Naw---you know how it is at Sturgis--anything goes!

BS has been begging me for a slide in camper for his truck for years, and I just could not bring myself to it.

Now he will shhh about this.

And he bikes too--not motorcycles, but bicycles. The maiden voyage will be to Kentucky to the Land Between the Lakes region for a 12 hour mountain bike race this weekend--and for once, I will go with because I will be able to sleep, have internet, a bathroom, watch movies--whatever I want.

It is going to be great!

Camille said...

That is one nice trailer! I wish my boss had one that nice when I was still showing.

Amanda said...

That is AWESOME!!! Congrats. You're so fancy.

Mandy

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network