Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The trailer-warming party

The setting--the yard. Yes, I know I need to mow. Who has time for that lately?

The NOT-invited: Tequila. She seemed to know that she did not need to be there, so she watched as we got ready then went to bed early.

The first to arrive: LindaAnd Head.
Sam was enamored of the bed area. He kept opening closet doors and getting in them to hide. He had a big time. It was too bad that Jenna was sick in the bed.


This is my dad, who appears to be slamming down a hot dog.

This is my Mom, and Mike. Mom will do anything to take up with good-looking men, including evidently, pretending she cannot get out of the trailer without help. Oy-

Rita is looking very serious--she must have been listening to some speech. She brought the dessert, which almost brings people to blows, it is so good. I had a great photo of her eating chili but I suspect I would pay for a long time if I posted it.
This is Hutch and Barry--who are very much like the current and future version of the same person sometimes. They even have similar hitches in their get-alongs.

The pig was scared of all the people, but finally showed up when we were down to just a few people. He learned early on in his life that Linda is good for treats, so he must have been biding his time to get to her so he could hit her up for a snack. He asked everyone for a little sumpin to eat.


The only one that was really left out of the festivities was Sly, who could get the attention of no one but these flies resting on him. He stood in the corner of his pasture and hollered at anyone he thought might look his way. It did not do a thing for him though, as we were entirely too busy talking and eating.

It was a really nice night, we never entertain, and although I am not sure that chili and cheese, etc, are considering entertaining, I am calling it that. The only other time we have planned company is for important Illini games, so this was a nice change

4 comments:

Holly said...

"and although I am not sure that chili and cheese, etc, are considering entertaining, I am calling it that."

you should call it that, it is. Sounds like a grand time was had by all and it is a marvelous way to celebrate a new purchase!

BITR Country Girl said...

Looks like everybody had a great time!

Anonymous said...

That is one nice trailer! (I saw pictures on your previous post!) Congrats!

And it's fun 'entertaining' every once in a while. Even if not EVERYONE gets the attention that they crave! :)

Paige said...

It was nice, to have company, and I cannot believe I am saying that, since basically I am a hermit.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network