Tuesday, August 19, 2008

When your horses are as old as some of mine are

Scenes like what I found when I got to the farm yesterday scare the bejeezus out of you.


Especially considering the concerns I have about Grandpa and his current condition. But he was a tricker. He just wanted a good roll in the dirt, but that darn fly sheet was hanging him up.


He could not get a full roll over the top, and flopped back down where he started. He initially caught my attention with his big grunts he was making....loud enough to distract me from my picture taking.
He was clearly disgusted with the whole thing--look at that look on his face.



Fine he says. I quit.

I watched him a little more, while the little ones rushed by him as he scared me to death, and eventually he got so interested in the babies, he did something I have not seen him do in probably two years.

He RAN! It was not a pretty run, but he ran! He chased and played and dodged and acted like a young horse, instead of one so old he creaks when he moves and grunts when he rolls.

It was a beautiful thing. I would have done anything to have had my other camera with me so I could have videoed it because it always makes me laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that "disgusted" picture of Grandpa.

It means, "what are you looking at? I am just fine, quit bugging me."

Good for him to have a fantastic "assisted living accomodations"

enjoy Carol

Lazy A Ranch said...

Grandpa looks happy and content.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network