Thursday, August 14, 2008

Twister, the all purpose boy



I do not know how this happens, as he is such a good boy, but Twister the Wonder Horse gets overlooked a lot.

Yesterday though, he was available to have his picture taken, so that is just what he got.





Twist is 14 this year I think, and we bought him in the fall of his six year old year, and promptly had him gelded. I had known him for a few years by then and when Tresea let me ride him after I had suffered some bad scares, I immediately got my confidence back (at least a little bit). I had to have him. He is the brokest horse I can imagine, there is nothing he cannot do.

That is not to say he does not have some attitudes or issues. He cribs nonstop, but has never coliced, and only one year did he have any weight issues from it. We lined that out and he went back to his normal self again. He can work a cow, do a fun pleasure class, trail ride for days on end, pack little kids around safely... he is a little lazy unless you shake a spur in his ear, but will turn it on if he knows you mean business.
Twist and I argue a little, and butt heads occasionally--but that is all right. He is a joy to have around and he sure is handsome. I do kind of miss that shoulder length mane, but running in the pasture means to much to him to take it away just to protect some hair. He lives with Sly and Fonzie and they are like the three stooges.

10 comments:

Jamik said...

Oh he's cool Paige! I've never seen his picture. What a good lookin' boy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not mentioning the misadventure your mom had with Twister.

Anonymous said...

I love the new name! But you have to change some of your font color. You can't really read the orange on the green background. Maybe if you bold it.

Thanks for sharing all your cookiness. Love ya and miss ya.

Anonymous said...

I love the new name of your blog. It fits! Thanks for always sharing you antics with all us, and sometimes overly sharing your mind.

Love you and miss you

Paige said...

You are right, you cannot see it.

I will work on that.

I came to work planning to change it again anyway, as on my laptop screen, it seems to be awfully small on the screen.

But here at work, it fills it all up.

Frustrating

Paige said...

You are right, you cannot see it.

I will work on that.

I came to work planning to change it again anyway, as on my laptop screen, it seems to be awfully small on the screen.

But here at work, it fills it all up.

Frustrating

Paige said...

Why are all my comments posting twice? Odd

Well the reason I did not tell about that episode was that it was an anomoly and not his fault--that was a comlpete freak then, and had you not been a senior citizen, it would not have broken your back. You fell pretty just like they show in the how to get pitched classes.

He has intentionally pitched me a time or two too.

But he also does really nice things--like bring me and Rita both out of the woods when Haidagirl left us there. And when he was going to slip and fall in the mud in the Shawnee, he first laid Rita down on the leaves so he did not hurt her. Then he fell down

He is a good boy

BITR Country Girl said...

Everybody has their "quirks". He sure is a pretty boy though!

Paige said...

Yeah the incident with mom was purely a freak things--we were having a nice ride, everyone was happy and content, then his hind end went STRAIGHT up in the air. She came up out of the saddle, and as she came back down, he was going back up--it is there that she probably got the compression fracture. He never moved his front end.

When she came off, he stood over her waiting to see what was wrong.

She was just days before her 60th bday, and had NEVER been actively pitched like that--fallen off a lot as a kind, but never pitched.

I do not think he had any idea what happened. We figured he must have gotten into a batch of ground bees or something, because prior to that, everyone had been happy.

Camille said...

He's so pretty. If he ever needs a new home......

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network