Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Photo practice at the stampede

This one is my favorite. I was very constrained by the fact that I was in the way of the audience who were not above hollering it at me, and being kind of ugly to me for thinking about getting in their way. And not knowing that my only spot would be dead center in the alley, I had the wrong lens---which is how I came to cut off a bunch of heads. In any event, I am learning a lot and the pics encourage me--I am able to stop motion where I want, my lens is fast enough to do SOME indoor stuff and some turned out really well.










I have a bunch more----so you will have to bear with me as I post them later

7 comments:

Robin Sallie said...

I can tell you are a horse person because you cut off the riders. Nice action. This is very hard to do. You did a great job.

Paige said...

I knew someone would bring that up!

Ideally they would have been in there but my lens was too long--when they got close, something had to be lopped off

Easy call for me!

Anonymous said...

Practice makes perfect! ! ! !

Your almost there.

Enjoy Carol

Holly said...

Very nice! I like the stop action. People who don't know the discipline don't realize how fast it can go.

theCloth said...

The audience has little patience for photographers at times. Still photographers that is. If a freak'in TV crew shows up, they don't complain as much.

Go figures.

Anonymous said...

So, what's the deal? It's Friday, and you haven't posted since Tuesday.
Love you too much,
Mom

Paige said...

That is the second complaint of the day--I have been bushhogging like a mad woman and still have a lot to do. By the time I get in, I do not have it in me

Been too busy at work catching up as well, have not even brought my computer in

I will catch up

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network