Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hyde- in portrait and action


This is Hard Rock N Haida---aka Hyde. He is also owned by Carrie Thompson. My best girl Rock is his dam, his sire is Haidas Little Pep. I dont know who is more proud of him, me or Carrie.

I think he looks just like his daddy.
Hyde has had about 18 months of cutting training, and is pretty solid. He sure has a lot of heart, he just keeps working harder with every step, it is a lot of fun to watch.
His pics had him just after a bath, as he worked up a pretty good sweat showing us his moves on the cattle, but I still like them.

Look at that sweet face.
My indoor shots are not very good, I just need that new lens! And even had I had it, the positioning would have been off, because the building is a small square building with the flag on one side to work--so I squatted down in the corner closest to the flag and tried to get shots of him facing it as he worked, but that is a lot easier said than done from that position.
Then Jason brought in some cattle and worked them from the middle of the pen. I just tried to stay out of the way, and get whatever shots I had a clear view toward.




I think this one with the charlais is my favorite one, even though of course, I snapped just a hair too early and got them both as they started the turn instead of where I should have gotten it.


It was nice to be able to see him, it is amazing how strange it is to see one you raised, after two years of him belonging to someone else. To see how solid he is, and how quiet, is really impressive. You really would never know he is a stallion-- I sure cannot fault his manners.

I rode him for a second--stirrups too long, no shoes on and as my usual doofus self---and it was a big moment for me. I just moseyed as I was so ill prepared for it, but Barry took a couple laps on him enjoying his smooth ride-he actually moves like Rock does, which will make him great for Carrie to lope on.

She is a lucky girl to have him

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He certainly is one handsome guy and talented to boot.

Lot to be proud of.

enjoy Carol

*Sarah* said...

Oh my goodness he is BEAUTIFUL.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network