Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sea Turtles

Evidently, I am too wound to go to sleep even if it is 4 am, so I started doing some of the underwater pics---one of the first I liked was this turtle.
We saw three different kids of turtles--some loggerheads that are monsters, and they always look beat up and have barnacles growing on them. They are huge. We also saw a hawksbill, and I think that is what this dude is. He was not huge, but at least two feet long. Tiny compared to the loggerheads. We also saw green turtles that looks shiny and new and clean their whole lives.
The loggerheads are the most interesting--one swam practically into me, I do not think he can see very well, which is no wonder considering he might be 100 years old. The only real predator a loggerhead has is a tiger shark, who does not even have the decency to eat them all up, but instead takes only a couple of bites of him. I know I have some pics of a loggerhead in here, and I will post them later.


Ah HA! Here he is--the belly of a loggerhead, as he went right overhead. I hope there are some clear pics of his head, as it is not like other turtle heads--it is big and ugly

1 comments:

Lazy A Ranch said...

can't wait to see all of your pictures and hear the stories

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network