Monday, June 9, 2008

Flying Island Style

One of the funniest things about going to San Pedro is how you get there--you fly on a little 10 person plane for a few minutes and then land smack in the middle of town. Last year, we stopped at a private island and dropped off a case of beer and a suitcase on the way out, and this year we stopped at Caye Caulker, which is about 1/10 the size of San Pedro airport. I did not get any shots of that though, since it was raining on the way out.

Instead I took pics on the way back. This is a dog who was moseying around the people waiting to board, and the tarmac. No one seemed concerned about her at all, and she went wherever she pleased--stopping short only of going in the office. Guess the heat does not bother her.



This is the baggage claim. I know I had a similar photos last year, but it still cracks me up.










This is the actual plane we flew back on. We had a full load, but we stopped at the Belize City municipal airport (which by the way, is right on the water, so that when you look out the window and straight down, it appears there is no ground under you at all). There we let off all the other passengers so that Barry and I had the plane to ourselves for the rest of the flight. That was kind of fun.



This was what it looked like from inside- before we let off the other passengers.




I took this shot from the window between Ambergris Caye and the mainland. This is how low we fly, I had on my long glass but not telephotoed out much for this photo.





This photos shows how shallow some of the water is amongst the islands---the light spots are really shallow---less than eight feet for sure, and sometimes much much less. The dark spots are quite often coral or plant life. The colors are amazing, aren't they?


1 comments:

Holly said...

aren't those cool pictures?

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network