Tuesday, May 6, 2008

RIP Turbo

Baby boy finally gave up. Barry just called and said he found him in the stall, just where he had been the night before, and he was done.

I knew that would happen. I told people last nite that he would not make it through the nite, but mostly I was trying to jinx him into pulling through it.

Xan is fine, Barry turned her out since she has clearly had several hours with him, and she has obviously known for a while that he was not right. She did not say the first word about it until he was pulling out of the driveway to go to work, then she had one holler. Hopefully that will be all it takes for her to move on, if not, I will put her back in with him to spend the day until we take him to the facility that does the after work. I want to know what actually did it.

I have some cute pics I have never posted of him, maybe I will put them up later, if I feel like it.

RIP Turbo.

12 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry. :(

Shell said...

I was rooting for him after reading your blog this morning. So sorry to hear he didn't make it. I hope you share with us what the cause of his problems were.

Paige said...

I will, we are taking him for his necropsy after work today.

I suspect I know what happened, but confirmation will be good.

I will definitely post the results--the only good that can come of it is being ready for the next one

*Sarah* said...

Oh no :( I am so sorry to hear that Paige. I know it doesn't REALLY help but at least you have a ton of other babies to soothe you!

Lorna said...

So sorry, he was such a little fighter!

Hugs and Beers all around...

Anonymous said...

Paige, so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby boy Turbo. As you wished, he went fast, so take comfort in that. And I am so glad that you were not the one that had to find him, I know how heart broken you would have been. Have a beer to celebrate his fight. Love you.

Lazy A Ranch said...

Rest In Peace

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry to hear about Turbo.

Jodi said...

Well shit, I hate to hear this.

Robin Sallie said...

I am sorry. Hugs to you and Barry, Paige.

Godspeed, Turbo.

Anonymous said...

Turbo will have "good buddies" where he went--------but--------

Horse Student: who wasn't quite prepared for this part of the education.

Hugs Carol

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this :(
It's very sad, but i'm glad that he didn't suffer too much....

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network