Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The nursery


Mares are so funny--I am so used to them and their habits that I do not think a lot about it until I am seeing it through someone's eyes. I took Court out on the Gator Friday afternoon to see babies, and the first thing we saw was the nursery---a pack of four mares who were sharing babysitting duty.

Something you would not necessarily know unless you knew them is that although they look like they are paired up appropriately, they are not---the mothers do not necessarily correspond with the baby closest to them. I did not notice it either until I looked at some of the pics.

Notice how filthy they are---from all the rain last week, water was pretty much standing everywhere, but these babies do not let that interfere with their naps---they just look stupid when they get up.

Gizmo was most resentful of having her nap interrupted--doesnt she look disgusted with me?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't "which" I enjoy most!

Your pictures or commentaries>

BOTH BOTH BOTH

How cute! Now with all those mom's ---where is the coffee while the kids sleep?

Carol

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network