Thursday, March 13, 2008

Today's Sanner-ism

I do not know if you know this, but sometimes I call my mom Sanner. Short for Sandra. But with no D in the middle sometimes. I don't know why. I am probably making fun of someone else who says it and now I do it. It is probably Dad, but I do not know for sure. I know he calls Edward Edd-ard, so it is probably him

Anyway, Sanner says some funny shit. This is a very funny family. You kind of forget sometimes as you get used to it, but then there will be an event that reminds you of it.

Yesterday we were having lunch at a new place I have not been to (which was delighful for a hamburger, and named A's Cafe and I am so glad someone new bought it as I wanted to go to it before, but the previous owner owed both me and dad a lot of money for a long time so I could not go--that is the kind of family we are). Anyway, we were rehashing her misbehavior with the cop.

She tells me that I should consider looking into the rules on elder abuse and she is shocked I do not already know them, being a lawyer and all. I explained to her that calling a dumb ass a dumb ass is NOT elder abuse. It is a statement of fact.

Now that I am into this story, I forgot what she said to that which was so funny.

Crap

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sanner probably is SANE while everybody else has problems. On other hand there used to be a joke going around about "Elder Abuse".

Love it but need the balance of the Paul Harvey Story.

Another Mom Carol

Shannon said...

Your dad should move to Edwardsville. Everyone who has lived there for any length of time seems to start called it Edd-ardsville. Mostly it makes me want to poke my eyes out.

Paige said...

Oh Carol that is the saddest thing I have ever heard--there is not a sane thing about Sanner. Never has been. The whole family is that way going back hundreds of years, I am sure.

She was accusing me of elder abuse for telling her not to act herself when she goes to court for her ticket or they are liable to put her in jail for being a pain in the ass

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network