Saturday, March 15, 2008

Target is settling in





This photo of Target in his stall at the new trainer we are trying out makes me a little sad. I think he looks forlorn---but I know he was not, so I don't know why it makes me sad. Just a sap, I guess.





Here he is demonstrating his number one interest--good hay. They had the most beautiful alfalfa hay, and he was all about it.


I have had my first update on him. He had his first ride on Thursday, and was a little spooky about having a leg thrown over him, but had a relatively uneventful turn around the round pen. He even backed a little. I guess he has not forgotten everything of the little he learned last fall, but his nerves are still there. These are a lot of big changes for a young fella in a short time, so I know he will be fine. We are going to see how things go with him, give him 30 days and reevaluate from there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures look so professional. You may have still another career in you.
Love you,
Mom

Robin Sallie said...

That top photo has nice light.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network