Friday, March 7, 2008

Slygirls work out






We seem to have worked mostly through the odd issues of the other night. I watched and took photos, so that is pretty much all I have to share

Holly, this walking photo on the right is what I was talking about when I said she naturally carries her head low.










There should be some good shots in here of her turnarounds, she sure has that down. I will try to find them later.

Definitely though, she was back on her game tonight. I had hoped to ride her outside and see if there really is a difference between riding outside in the open versus the round pen, but that wind got to whipping and I could not take it. My hands were chapping up standing there.

3 comments:

Elly'sMom said...

Just a thought Paige, but I think I would do some bends and stretching at the neck, she looks a little tight to me, course it could just be the pictures. I can't get over how far Barry's feet hang down on her, what a hoot!

Paige said...

It is not her, it is him. She is very comfortable when he will give her enough rein to find her comfy spot, but he was working her on the fence a lot and holding her tight to keep her turns curled in.

We have been working on the flexibility and it is definitely something she can improve on, especially to the right. Every day she gets better.

Elly'sMom said...

Elly's the same actually. Great on the left, poor on the right. I've read and been told that most horses are left handed. I wonder if that has anything to do with their flexibility on that side.

Tell Barry to relax. LOL

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network