Monday, March 10, 2008

First Sly BOY of the year



You cannot tell as much from this photo, but this child is a BEAST. This is Sharon and Les' colt, born yesterday afternoon. It was pretty much textbook for the mare--she was waxing Saturday morning and we talked then about when to expect him--and he showed up right on schedule yesterday. They got to see the whole delivery and it was a warm day for here.

The first pic she sent me on my cell phone shows how long these legs are--this must be the year for long legged things. He is cute cute cute, I think.

I do not know what his name is yet. Heck, mine does not have a name yet and she is 8 days old!

5 comments:

Lazy A Ranch said...

Seems as if we are all on a roll, babies popping out all over.

When is your next mare due?

Paige said...

Not until March 31, but she usually goes a little early. We will probably turn on the foalcam early next week. After that, it really gets hopping in here!

Lazy A Ranch said...

I can't wait to see all of the new babies. My absolute favorite time of the year.

Holly said...

looks like his mommy thinks he's cute cute cute too! I love new babies with their little flippy tails.

Lorna said...

Very cute! More Kudos to Sly! (for his input in the process) -

I'll have Bree send you some more name suggestions...

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network