Sunday, February 24, 2008

Radar's sayonara


Was scheduled for this morning, so we played with him some yesterday. Man, do I love that horse, we just fit so well. I am going to miss him like I have rarely missed one, I think.


Ashlyn wanted to ride him before he left, so they played a while, then Julie swapped her for Hawkeye, so she did not miss out either. They played outside in the ice and muck so I could get pics, but evidently I chose the wrong setting for my camera, as they mostly came back all grainy.






He has been such a joy to raise. I still remember so clearly the first day he was born, and what a beautiful face and head he had. More than one person asked me if he was an Arab, based on that head. His pretty face pales in comparison to his attitude though.






I have edited this post to take out reference to hiw new family as there is no need to call attention to my bad decision in selling them to him. That he is home where he belongs is the only thing that matters. I am sure I will comment on this more in the future, but at this point, I am going to leave it at that.

6 comments:

Holly said...

Bittersweet for sure. He is a fine fine boy, and a positive face to your breeding program. His new family seems to be all smiles so I bet they will love him up like he deserves.

Paige said...

He will certainly have more individual attention--they are a two horse family. And he will sure get used more and since he loves to go, he should be very happy.

Barry keeps saying we have more just like him, can make more, etc---but I just think he is so extraordinary that we were lucky to have just one hof him. WE may have 15 more that look just like him, but I don't know that his heart can be replicated

Anonymous said...

"Amen" to your comments about heart and home.

Good Luck to Radar and new family.

Will miss him too----from afar.

Carol

Anonymous said...

Cute pics if I do say so myself! Thanks for not putting up any where I look like a total DORK :-)

Paige said...

Well rumors of his relocation were greatly exaggerated

Radar wil be home next weekend. He was too short. And he pulled his hay out of the hay feeder in his stall. And he has a loose stool.

So I told them to bring him back.

Their loss, my gain

Anonymous said...

He looks fantastic. He is definitely a rare jewel. Of all your horses, I don't know why you let him go anyway, especially for so little.
I'm glad he's back.
Love you,
Mom

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network