Friday, February 15, 2008

A day at Sea

I cannot belive I am being chastised by my own mother to post pics while I am still on this trip---I have just now hit 60 minutes of internet time for the entire WEEK! I usually have that in by breakfast on Monday.

I cannot actually download pics on the boat--since we did not bring our own computer--that is why you have to wait. I will start when we get home Sunday nite--or Monday.

Today is our day at sea headed back to San Juan from Aruba. Since I was here last, we were in Bonaire--which was a contender for this year's Amy B dive trip, but we decided to back to Belize instead. After visiting there, I now believe we could stay plenty busy for a week there---definitely a place she will like. As expected, this was our favorite port. She would be so proud of me for getting in to an area with a 6 foot green moray that is as almost as big around as a basketball. Thank Jesus we did not see him, but I got in knowing we likely would anyway. I learned some eel stuff that I think she was holding out on me about.

Aruba was nice, but so commercial, I liked it less than Bonaire which is a perfect combo of non-commercial but still having great restaurants etc. The nice thing about Aruba was that Carrie and I went horseback riding and got to gallop on the beach, something I have wanted to do since I was a little girl. Mom used to take us riding on vacations, but it was never near a beach. That part was incredible--but I sure do believe that if these placs operated in the US, they would be sued right out of business.

We arrive in the morning in San Juan. Barry has still not gone surfing, so we may drive to Rincon so he can do that.

That is it for today's update, unless I come back later to update what happened in the lounge chair search

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Honey, for pacifying me. It all sounds wonderful. Give Barry a hug for me. I'm so glad you're having so much fun.
It's finally warming up a little today.
Love you both,
Mom

Robin Sallie said...

Heehee. Mothers are demanding. Just ask Tayja.

Holly said...

wow. Sounds like you are having the BEST time. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey - trip sounds great - I am proud of you for getting in the water with the 6 foot green monster - i'm never sure if I do or don't want to see what I'm up against under water - it's a tough one! Maybe we shouldn't rule out Bonaire for the June trip - what's the weather going to be like then - we'll talk when you get back! I'm getting excited for the Nitrox diving in the warm, warm water!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Honey!
Love you both,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Ah! With all the "wonderful advertisement" about Aruba-------I was wondering if your Legal Mind would kick in?

Tell it-----it is on vacation.

Can I echo the other Mom's request? Pictues! ! !

Enjoy yourselves Carol

Elly'sMom said...

It sounds like you guys are having a ball.

Riding on the beach is one of those things that you can do around here Paige. You'll have to come to Va sometime. One of the places we go to is the James River State Park. We go in the water with the horses and have a ball. It's one of the places that I take a green horn to to learn how to go through water. El will go there eventually.

You can also ride along the beach in NC and another place in Va is called Eastern Shore. You have to go through the water at one spot to get to the other side. Once Doll and I went through and it was fairly deep. She was literally swimming, even though she didn't actually NEED to, she felt she needed to. LOL It was a blast. Maybe you need to come here for one of our weekend get a way trips, camping with horses and long trail rides. They are fun. Just a thought.

Have fun and enjoy the rest of your trip. I can't wait to see your pictures.

Holly said...

Paige you've been tagged by me. Take a look at my site at the post titled I've been tagged....

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network