Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 2- Dominica


There are not many pics of Dominica--at least not many above water. My scuba shots are going to take a lot more editing, and I will put them all together later.

What we do have are mostly courtesy of Barry, and they are actually very good. It is a beautiful island with lots of volcanoes. Tourism is pretty new to them, and they obviously do not have it mastered yet. Much of the island is wilderness, with a lot of waterfalls. I love a waterfall, but after diving all morning, I was not about to be hiking my fat butt anywhere like waterfall viewing would have required, so I spent the afternoon by the pool and taking a late nap. Now that is vacation Paige style!



This place makes my list of places to go when I need to recover from a nervous breakdown. I would dive all day, lay in the sun and sleep. I do not think you could stay busy here for a week or so, which is why it makes the nervous breakdown list---very soothing, very relaxing, beautiful beyond belief, but very slow paced.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful. Take me sometime....please
Good job on the photos, Barry.
Love you too much,
Mom

Anonymous said...

The scenery is beautiful-------but a lack of tourism would be nice, I guess---have no experience of traveling to "neat places" but certainly 'HEAR' from others about a place being just a tourism trap scenerio and not nice.

Barry "done good" and enjoy every picture and look for more.

Hope the weather doesn't get you today. Be careful.

Carol

Robin Sallie said...

These photos make me want to MOVE somewhere warm! Very nice job, Paige.

Paige said...

I agree Carol--there needs to be a happy medium--what I do not want is too many people, and not just rows of souvenir shops and huge resorts.

But I want some good places to eat with my kind of food, comfortable accomodations with good air conditioning, good pools and clear water.

That is perfect

Anonymous said...

Gotta love knowing where a good "had a nervous breakdown - need to recover" place is!!!! Can't wait to see the dive pics!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network