Thursday, January 31, 2008

Storm damage

Good friends suffered a chunk of damage in the crazy storm the other day. Their nice horse trailer was tipped clean over (hey Kate, maybe you could say it DFO'd), and the pile of rubble in the yard is the bulldozed remains of their 12 x 20 tack room.


Isn't this a hell of a mess?
Meanwhile, they have a Slybaby due soon out of a cute cute little mare. Sharon said the barn door slammed right next to her stall and sent her into a tailspin shaking and hiding in the corner. Some extra loving calmed her down today and she is fine.
On another note, the new cardioboxing girls stepped it up a notch last nite, and by the time I was done, I felt EXACTLY like that pile of rubble.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Rubble? You felt like rubble? oh dear. Should we be calling you Betty (Rubble?)

Anonymous said...

Mess! Rubble!!! Don't understand! Looks normal to me----like in the area I live. Not us though.

Through the eyes of the beholder--I guess!

Sorry for the folks though. sure glad their horse was Ok. TLC goes a long way for everyone and espcially animals.

We did not have any damage either, especially roof shingles or siding.

Reporting from Northwest Tenn.
Carol Horse Student. Heheh

Shell said...

I expected so see something similar after the storm but thankfully we only had one tree down. Since I was leaving to head up north on Thursday (yesterday) my truck and trailer were hooked up and outside. They survived the hail and the horrible wind. Now up in northern IL, we have gotten 7 inches of snow since last night and it's still falling. I'm supposed to meet my former co-workers for lunch and think they might cancel. :(

Robin Sallie said...

It's just bitter cold here. No wind. Glad the horse and baby are okay.

Paige said...

Things have calmed down here--a few inches of snow, ice under it all, but it is 30 degrees.

It would not be that bad if I could find shoes besides Crocs to wear

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network