Monday, January 7, 2008

Memory flashback


This bridal shop is across the street from my office. I never shopped there for formals but I did try on a wedding dress there just to appease my mother. I am fascinated by the dresses they put in the windows and check every day to see if they have changed them.

While I was waiting outside my office, I saw this lady standing there, and I wondered what she was thinking--who is she looking for a dress for? Is she remembering something? It made me think back to all the planning and excitement that went into getting my dress for dances. I always had them made by a lady who was amazing, and ultimately made my wedding dress as well, but I planned forever to decide what I wanted, and what color...it was always way more fun than the actual event ever was!

This is probably on my mind now as I am currently having that same lady alter some dresses for me for our cruise--it is impossible to believe that I have been going to her for twenty years! How can that be?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been 20 years either. Remember, we went to the lady in Centralia 2 or 3 times. Those are good memories, though. It was fun for me, too. But then it was and is always fun for me to share experiences with my girls.
I looked at the pictures of Grandpa and Lucky, and they look fantastic. I think Grandpa looks the best he's ever looked.
Love you,
Mom

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network