Thursday, January 24, 2008

Just for Auntie Nena- the Baconator's day


This friggin pig is more popular than I am. It is sad, but I think he is more interesting.

I chronicled his day, and got some very funny pics.

The top pic is him coming to greet me when I got home from work. The one on the right is him cracking ice to get to water--as if I do not deliver him hot water all the time. The most interesting thing about this pic is his back legs. It looks like wrinkles, and I was wondering if Dr. Nena could give us a diagnosis of HERDA or if I need to have a biopsy to be sure? Get back to me on that, sister. This is what happens when you do not have your breeding stock tested, I guess, and here am I with a wrinkly pig.

Here is Thor playing cutting horse with him--he is a little behind, but not bad position for a dog that is not finished huh? Especially one with such arthritis already. That pig can be a wily bugger, for sure!


This last photo is just a lovely portrait of my youngest baby--I thought you might like to frame it since he is at his most attractive. I was actually trying to make him smile for you, but he was too excited about his celery (which turns out he does not really like after all) Note the pig food dust all over his nose, and the paste he made out of it when he dipped his face in the water. He is not refined in any sense of the word. But he seems to close his eyes when he eats, which I guess he gets from me.

11 comments:

Holly said...

how old is he now Paige?

Paige said...

He was born the end of May 07, so 8 months I guess. I need to get him weighed, but it never makes the list of priorites.

He cracks me up

Lazy A Ranch said...

He is so cute Paige, you have been a good mommy to him he looks fat.

Lorna said...

He's such a ham! You need new pictures of him sitting - I crack up when I see him do that!

It's always nice to have a "happy kid" greeting you when you get home!

Robin Sallie said...

Pigs are easily clicker trained.

You could teach him to wash his face.

(Ducking an running...)

Anonymous said...

Washing his face would be good. The paste is kinda gross.
Mom

Paige said...

You people sure have high standards for a baby pig! The paste did not last long, it was gone in minutes. Just not the minute that I was taking the picture.

Besides, all of his admirers need to know that the pig is not perfect all the time

Holly said...

well of course the pig is not perfect, he's just a baby. But his mommy needs to wash up his widdle face.

and clicker train him to fetch.

dashing after Robin

Paige said...

I will do no such thing as clean his face--he can clean it himself. The little SOB is not above biting, you know

You are free to bring your happy ass over here and clicker train the pig to your heart's content. You can even wash his face!

Jamik said...

He is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

And I thought dog drool with gross! Nothing compares to the pig paste drool.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network