Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hairy Christians

The funniest thing happened this morning--Barry woke me saying someone was here. That is not funny, ever. I assumed the point of that was that maybe Tequila was outside and she needed to come in, but it does not take two of us to put her up and deal with whoever. It was before my getting up time, so I ignored him and let him deal with it.

He never came back, so in about 20 minutes I got up to see what the deal was. He said it was Jehovah's Witnesses, which makes me think of Jodi and her visits from them. Anyway, I am glad I did not get up for that.

Anyone who knows Barry knows that he cannot remember anything--I mean NOTHING about basic life, such as what the network channels are, when Thanksgiving is, stuff like that. He will get close but never right answer. Once given the option of sunscreen with a SPF of 5 or one with 8 SPF, he said he would take the 7. There is NO SPF 7, and he had just been offered the two choices, with 7 not being one of them. That is typical Barry.

Anyway, shortly after the visitors went away, I heard him tell Tequila that while it is not ok to run off the Fed Ex man, it is all right if she protects us from HAIRY CHRISTIANS.

Well, I sure cannot let that go, so I asked him about the Hairy Christians, and he started laughing---I think he meant Hare Krishnas.

All this activity this early morning is not good for me. Since I was up, I went to the gas station, the grain elevator, and the battery place to get a new battery for the Gator. Then I went to the farm to find my phone, which took just seconds--I cannot imagine why he could not find it last nite by calling it with his phone. I found it right off the bat, between the barns in front of the fence charger box--singing his ringer, SnoopDoggs' Drop it like its Hot. I wonder if he thought our ground just naturally sounds like that?

Oy.

Now I am fighting with the pig about knocking things over and waiting for the Illinois/ Purdue game to start, and I am sure they will get whipped. At halftime, I am going to go back to the farm, this time with a coat and gloves instead of crocs and a sweashirt like I did this morning. Lorna has requested updated tummy pics of the broodmares, and I want to try a photo trick I learned on Robin's blog.

Assuming I do not get trampled by the stuff in the murder room, which is still not cleaned up, we might do a movie marathon later tonight--there are a lot of cute ones starting this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what either of those terms means. Does Barry?
Mom

Holly said...

bursts out laughing....Hairy Chistians.

He's funny.

Lorna said...

Bill calls them the "Harry Carey's" - as he says after listening to them, you want to commit Harry Carey - hahah

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network