Sunday, January 22, 2012

More scenes from Doha

I am slowly but surely getting through the photos I took on my trip to Doha and Dubai. Today is a selection of photos almost all taken from the Souq Waqif in Doha.

A souq is a market. This particular market is over 100 years old but has recently been renovated some. Unlike the rest of what you see in Doha, it is not all shiny and new, so it has a lot of character. It is chock full of restaurants, art galleries, shisha lounges and shops and stalls selling everything from birds to jewelry to funny colored rabbits to traditional clothing--you name it, you can find it there. Except pecans--you will not find pecans no matter how long four people look and how close it is to Thanksgiving. I am pretty sure they had no idea what the hell we were talking about anyway.

We went several times because it is so much fun, and the character changes from day to night. Its a little disturbing that they have Ben & Jerry's too, but I guess no where is perfect.













I will keep at the photo editing to show you more parts of the trip

0 comments:

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network