Wednesday, January 5, 2011

this and that

nothing big happening here, other than me trying to do right. Obviously it is not my forte. Something is going on, as every nite when I get home from work, I want to go straight to bed. That makes it hard to get things done.


Barry made me clean out the fridge. He is a tyrant.

I guess he decided that since he is not dying of cancer in the immediate future, he had to clean out his closet. He gave away about 100 shirts, and lots of sweaters that still had the tags on them. Its absurd. His closet is still totally full. That was the day he made me clean out the fridge. Its like he has lost his damn mind.

Every day, he fixes the bed. And then it caves in again. Last nite, it happened at 4 am. That is an alarming way to wake up. I guess the bolt that holds the bed rail to the headboard is stripped out. That does not explain why it crashes when I am sleeping and not even moving. I am getting used to sleeping with my feet elevated way over my head. He keeps asking me why I don't flip around and sleep the other direction. I am so tired, I do not know why either.

I am back in the gym after missing most of December, from traveling and being sick. I hurt my knee --just walking mind you--so I am not able to do leg stuff yet. Still, I am going, and the Bad Boy is wearing my abs out. Its good for me. I am looking forward to getting back to feeling good.

I also got new hair, and now I am really excited about getting that Brazilian Blowout. It is so expensive though, I am going to wait til my birthday in March. By then, it will be pretty long too--so it will be a complete change to not have Bozo hair. That is another change

Marvin the donkey seems to be doing fine since he tried to kill himself. No more bad noises and he is healing fine. Good thing too as yesterday, Squeak cut her neck. On what I have no idea, so now she is being doctored. That horse is a saint, I love her so much. In addition to her, we have one with an abcess that is healing and the babies all in having their Panacur power pak. So nice to have Barry home to help with keeping up--he is picking stalls and feeding for me while I am at work, so I dont have to when I get home. That is swell.

We have been riding a lot lately too--last nite was Harley's first nite with a bit in her mouth. It was one of the best rides we have ever had. I am having so much fun with her. Barry has taken back up with Target, and that has been a very positive thing too--so easy to forget how gorgeous he is, and how well he moves, when he is just out in the pasture eating. We are trying to push some of these horses to new homes, so it is great that they are impressing us more and more every time we get on them. If you are looking, or know someone who is, send them our way!

That is about all I have for the moment.....I am thinking very seriously about going to bed. I have an oral argument in the morning, which means I won't be able to sleep anyway, but I feel like I am slogging through molasses here. I have a great case, so I am particularly psyched--that does not happen all that often. Cross your fingers I can keep the comedy routine down and be serious like a big girl lawyer, instead of a nutjob. That is always my biggest challenge.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess I should just Google this, but... What is a brazilian blow out?
Clean the fridge?
My suggestion?
Remove the bulb so you don't see the filth.

Holly said...

I wondered where you were! I am glad you are getting some riding time in. I am working on getting to the barn 3x a week, and at least one of those is riding my mare.

good luck on the oral tomorrow and you might not feel so like molasses if the bed got fixed! Glue, think glue...gorilla glue!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I have a bed issue also so I sleep with my head at the bottom of the bed and my husband sleeps the other way. Good luck in court.

Anonymous said...

Forget the clothes in the closet----and the fridge---

Get that good guy to FIX THE BED before he is 'off' to another place for his job. Glue----! ! ! ! or larger bolt, screw or? ? ?

Sounds like you are feeling better---hope for me too-----and meds can make one sleepy---while they are SUSPOSED TO BE HEALING THE PROBLEM.

Yeah right! Enjoy Carol

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Yeah, it sounds like that bed need fixing, and soon! My New Year's resolution was to clean my house really good, but I have a year, right? ;)

Glad you're riding. You're a much better person than I am. I just want to work and sleep nowadays.

Venom said...

The Tyrant should worry more about a permanent bed fix and less about the expiration date on the cottage cheese...

Actually though, if there were sufficient motivation to prod me, I might clean my own closets. And maybe empty the 'give to'charity' box as well.

What the heck is a brazilian blowout? Because my mind is going to a very bad place....

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network