Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Its a Ghetto Christmas up in here

Just the thought of getting out the regular Christmas tree made me want to scream. Some years we just do not do it. We end up on the forced march of Family Christmases anyway, and since Barry who really cares about it will roll in late on Christmas Eve if we are lucky, it just does not seem worth it.

Doing it by myself would just make me sad.

Today I mentioned to Rita that I wanted a crazy tree--just a little one, but as outrageous as possible. She mentioned having seen a fuschia tree at Big Lots, a 3 foot one. PERFECT! So off I went to learn they did not have it, but they had this six foot affair.

When you are going for absurd, bigger is better, I guess. I snatched it up and brought her home.

Even the dogs are scared of it. Barry won't answer the text picture I sent him of it--he is probably scared to come home.

I like her though. Its obnoxious and stupid and that is just what I need right now. I love her. I probably will not even put any ornaments on it. She is perfectly hideous just as she is.



13 comments:

Shelley said...

Ghettolicious!

duffylou said...

I don't have a hint of Christmas in my house. If I had that tree I would put it in my picture window. I LOVE it!

Carrie said...

We saw a lime green one yesterday while shopping. Bailey fell in love with it. But it was in a store window so it didn't come home with us.

Holly said...

*blink*

wow Paige, you really outdid yourself!

I have not even put up a tree. Don't care enough this year.

Anonymous said...

But it is a CHRISTMAS TREE----

and beautiful in the eyes of the beholden-----or something like that.

I could not EXIST during the season without something of Christmas. My parents loved the season----didn't have any when they were kids---so raised me to love it too----and instead of being sad---I say, 'here's to my Dad up there who left on this day 49 years ago and Happy Birthday to Mom on the 26th.

Everyone have a great bunch of days.
Enjoy Carol

Gail said...

The perfect tree!

Merry Christmas.

mommymae said...

i love the tree. what's her name? she needs a proper name, you know?!?

we need a colored tree for all of the silver bells my mom sends the kids every year. I'll have to check big lots.

The Wife said...

I can't seem to take my eyes off of it! It's mesmerizing.

the cubicle's backporch said...

I'm with The Wife. It's like a train wreck. You know it's bad but you just can't look away.

This shall be THE YEAR OF THE PINK CHRISTMAS TREE.

Robblogger said...

I LOVE it, absolutely LOVE it!

And thank you for the many, many, many smiles you've given me this past year.

Merry Christmas!

I wouldn't be surprised if Santa showed up at your place with a couple gold teeth, some bling, bling, and rapping "Oh Holy Night"

All the best to you

Anonymous said...

Your tree looks especially lovely with the red walls background.
I like it, though.
Mom

EmmaP said...

ok -- THAT is freakin Awesome!!!
I love it! and I have felt that Christmas funk for the past 3-4 years now. and seriously, if I didn't have kids, I wouldn't bother.

Jocelyn said...

OMG OM GOMG
I LOVE IT!!!

That is rock awesome!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network