Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The One to Watch

Once again, it looks like Shawn Flarida is riding the one to beat this year in the reining world.

SDP Justice is Comin won the Congress Reining Futurity on Thursday. Although I missed a good chunk of the finals, I did get to see this one. Unfortunately, the pics are atrocious, since I could not get a good position and the lighting is really bad. I just could not move the shutter fast enough and still have light, so this is what we get.




Of course, I get excited because this is another TR Dual Rey colt, and Diablo is in foal to TR for next year. I'm glad I decided to bite the bullet and breed her to him, and it seems like I picked the right time to do it, as they keep getting better and better. Now they are winning reinings too.




This horse has won all three reining futurities he has shown in this year--let's see if he can beat the jinx. He sure looks to have all the parts down, but he is still just three years old like the rest of them--anything can happen with a baby, so it is anyone's game until the show is over. This year, I am going to Oklahoma City with Holly, for her first trip. That should make it extra fun.

I have lots more pics to go through of the Freestyle Reining, and some video of the World Series of Cutting (which was the best cutting for consistency I have ever seen), and pics of the PBR, from our weekend at Congress. I will keep plugging away on them, and get them up as soon as I can.

5 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

It would be exciting to watch this as a spectator close to the action.

Anonymous said...

Horse Student----could use a "Field Trip"---but it will never happen. So I will relish second hand pictures and details.

Can imagine the excitement of the events.

Enjoy Carol

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Those are great photos. How exciting that you bred to the sire.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Those are great photos. How exciting that you bred to the sire.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Those are great photos. How exciting that you bred to the sire.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network