Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas morning recap

This is what our living room looked like after Barry and I opened presents Christmas morning. We were very well behaved this year, since our big gift was new hardwood floor in the living room. You cannotsee much of it under the boxes and wrapping, but isn't it pretty?
The funniest part of Christmas was what we found on the way to my mom's house for brunch. The poor Baconator had a Walmart bag stuck on his head. He could not see great, and he could not open his mouth to tell me about it. I admit that I felt a little bit sorry for him, but surely it had not been on there that long--and if he was not such a kleptomaniac, these things would not happen.

Everything after Christmas day went downhill. Dec 26th was straight up shitty, and it is not over yet. My favorite filly of the year is dead, and awaiting necropsy at the lab. We have no idea what happened. Rock and Foxy have dropped a lot of weight in the last week. I am on the case, but when you are 28 years old like Rock, it gets harder every year to get her back in shape--and it really does not seem to matter what we do, at some point she just drops weight. Then we will get it back on--but I know our luck will run out some day. Foxy does this every year too and it does seem like it happens overnight with her-she looked great two weeks ago.

Besides my poor dead weanling, the other weanlings also have colds. I would not be at all concerned and would chalk it up to disgusting weather, but with losing Ghostie to God knows what and Daisy looking really rough, I am scared. Daisy is Fat and hairy, but with really goopy eyes and hot to the touch. She had a 102.9 fever today, but I have it down to normal tonight.

You know what, I do not want to talk about this.

13 comments:

Jocelyn said...

soory my friend. Heres a quick prayer that next year is much better!

Carrie said...

I agree with Jocelyn.

Here's hoping next year is better for all of us.

Hugs Friend!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope their health improves, poor things.

And I love your floor. We have hardwood, too. But ours looks like shit. Needs refinished soooo badly.

EmmaP said...

1) sorry about the weanling

2) that hardwood floor looks awesome

3 I wanna know what was in the boxes and wrapping???

The Wife said...

SUCKS! That's all I can say about the critters dying. I lost Duke the day after Christmas last year. Hope the others get healthy soon.

Anonymous said...

Floor looks beautiful---

Gifts look intriguing-----

Peeg looks for help------

2010 looks better. . . . .

Take care my friend
Carol

Gail said...

I am so sorry.

When I began with horses, I would have called anyone a liar if they had told me I would rock a still born foal and scream and cry at her death.

The loss is never easy.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I love the floor...

What happened??? I'm so sorry!

Nancy said...

I am so sorry to hear about Ghostie, and your other babies not feeling well. We too had a bout with something - we lost two babies and the others were incredibly sick - sounds just like what ours had.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you lost Ghostie. Hope the others recover quickly.

What did Peeeg get for Christmas other than the walmart bag?

Liza Lundell

phaedra96 said...

That is just so crappy. I hope whatever hit is easily contained. controlled and eradicated. I have a hard keeper--a seven year old QH. He is happily eating the alfalfa hay no one else is allowed to even sniff! He usually goes to pot around March. This year we will see if the alfalfa does the trick. Do, if you can, let us know what happened to poor Ghostie.

Michelle said...

So sorry to hear about your loss...such a hard time of the year to deal with that. I hope you figure out what's going on and get it under control. These animals are the best and worst of our lives, aren't they?

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Gosh I'm playing catchup, I am SO sorry to hear about all of this!!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network