Thursday, April 24, 2008

Freaky hair loss

Poor ol Nita, her hair is falling right out! Since yesterday, she has gotten bald.

She does not hurt, her appetite is good, but what in the hell is this mess? Along her topline, the hair comes out in tufts in your hand, but not so much in other areas. The skin underneath is normal in most places, but some has red irritation to it, and some areas are kind of scaly.



When Barry called me to tell me to come look at her, I told him she was just shedding. He said, "um no, she is not". Guess he is right.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is beyond wierd.

Jamik said...

Paige I had two mares do that last year. One mare I don't have any more, but the other one I have is shedding fine this year. My vet said this happens frequently, but they don't know why. She said it seems to be worse some years than others in areas. I bet if you ask your vet they will tell you there are others doing the same thing. It's bizarre, isn't it?

Holly said...

shudder....poor baby

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network