Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tooting my own horn

Because no one else is going to do it, isn't that what Oprah says?

Last nite, I had another run in with the ass that owns the gym. I asked him to show me how to move the seat on the recumbent bike since I still cannot do it. First he claims he has showed me this twice, which he has not, then shows me so quick that I could not actually do it on my own. Typical me.

This forced me to try the treadmill, because I really could not reach the pedals on the bike after that mess. I quit walking on the treadmill about 8 or 9 years ago because I had so much trouble with my feet--my right foot would burn and go dead--not to sleep which is just irritating, but DEAD. It was incredibly painful. I quit it altogether.

I was hard up last nite, so I tried again. My new wide circus clown shoes are doing the trick I guess, as I was able to walk 40 minutes without any shooting pains or feeling like my foot was in a vice. I may have worked up a little blister, but I can live with that. I was so proud of me.

I went home and ate the chicken dish I had put in the crock pot. It was pretty tasty.

This morning, I got up early and went to the pool for water aerobics. I was a little late because I stopped to try to take pics of sleet with Robin's tricks for stopping action. I failed and was late for class. It was kind of a lame class anyway, and I do not feel like I got much of a workout in teh 25 minutes I was there. That is okay though, as they change classes all the time, and I will just not go back to that one--if I am going to go to the trouble to go (let alone get up early), I want a workout.

I am going to go back to the gym after work and try to work in some more walking before my 6 pm board meeting.

My reward will be pock chops and sauerkraut from the crockpot, and sitting in the big chair while I watch American Idol and read a new book I got written by an internet friend. It is going to be a swell nite.

I am going to need it since tomorrow is cardio boxing!

10 comments:

Shell said...

And you let blow hard gym-master dill rod off the hook? I peg you as someone who would verbally kick him in the nuts.

Robin Sallie said...

Another way to stop rain or sleet is to use a flash and setting the shutter speed to the fastest that the camera will do and sync to the flash.

Robin Sallie said...

I am proud of you for working out. I need to ge off my butt. I will bite the bullet and go walk in the mall tomorrow before I take the dogs to their classes.

Jamik said...

You are doing great Paige!!! Sounds like you are kicking some butt!

Paige said...

Yeah, you would think I would not be such a pansy, but the unfortunate part is he owns the only 24 hour gym in town--so I am stuck there. I plot against him a lot though!

Paige said...

That must be where I went wrong Robin--I put the setting on shutter speed priority and it set it at 1/3200. I did not know how to change it. BUT, I did not use the flash, which explains why it came out dark.

Thanks for the tip!

Paige said...

I am trying so hard Jami--and man am I feeling it tonight!

I did 34 more minutes on the treadmill tonight, that is all I had time for before my meeting. I got some flashes of how bad it used to hurt at about 10 minutes, but I got to talking and it went away.

Tomorrow is cardio boxing class---if Ryan is mean to me again, I am going to tell him I am only taking this class so I can get tough enough to kick his ass for being so rude to me. See how he likes that!

And I think I got talked into doing the aerobics class, at least on Mondays as the class is getting smaller and has lots of new people in it. Thursday is still packed I hear--no place for a klutz like me.

I may have to take up 8 or 9 am water aerobics after all in order to get it all in

Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed. You even inspire me. Did I hear correctly that Ill. actually almost beat Ohio State?
If so, that's one more good thing today. I think almost is the best they're going to do.
Thanks again for lunch today. I look forward to Tuesdays.
Love you too much,
Mom

*Sarah* said...

Ooh what a bummer about your foot, at least it seems to be doing better now. I too have no idea how to move the seats so I generally avoid them. I remember once I was with someone and he showed me, but that was only once and I don't remember. And I don't feel like looking like a dumbass trying to figure it out when the gym is insanely crowded and everyone is watching because ALL the treadmills and ellipticals FACE the bikes here! HAHA. No. The elliptical is supposed to be really good for you, and when I was a freshman in college I was able to do it for a while and it was a really good workout, but last year I tried and almost DIED. My thighs were all NO WAY SISTAH. So I've stayed away from it since then. Perhaps it deserves another go.

Man, the boxing class just sounds like fun! As "fun" as pain and sweat can be I guess.

Paige said...

That elliptical kicks my ass Sarah--I am about to stroke out at about 4 or 6 minutes.

And mom, ALMOST is the story of Illinois' life lately-- I am boycotting them until they quit sucking. It is appalling

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network